
Doug and I were able to take a trip to San Francisco this past weekend. My mom was a sweetheart and came over to the house to watch the kids so that we could go. We flew out of Las Vegas Friday night, so when we arrived in the bay area, it had become foggy. It was really neat to see the fog, and a weird feeling to be landing what seemed to be water. Thankfully we came upon land right before the plane landed! We then worked our way to the tram and took it to get our car. We ended up with a PT Cruiser. It was a fun little car (they called it mid-sized...umm humm right) We then proceeded to our hotel. Lets just say that the freeways there are FAST. You can be on then off then on in a blink of an eye, that's what happened to us. So we made our loop back and this time there was no throwing us back on the freeway!
The hotel was really nice, so nice that there was a sweet 16 party going on there. Really, I just don't get the whole "million" dollar party's that they throw for turning 16. But anyhow. We got up the next morning and went down to their YUMMY complementary breakfast that they have. We got our omelets...mmmm... Then we went back to get ready to set out for the day.
The weather was BEAUTIFUL! Its was heaven to be in a place where you got to wear your hoodie! It was about 59* that morning. The day time temp was about 68* or so. Beautiful!
We first went to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was pretty, and large, but not as big as I thought it would have been. While we were on the bridge Doug's hat flew off his head. He finally got his answer to how someone loses their hat. Poor kid. He loved that hat! When we crossed the bridge we took an exit just to turn around and go back, but we followed some cars and found this amazing place with a beautiful beach! I guess it was where they shot off missiles and had barracks back in the cold war. Really a neat place that we found by mistake. The Beach was so different! The rocks were amazing, it was by far one of our favorite places that we visited.

Doug didn't realize the sign next to him.
He didn't know I was so crafty ;)
He was showing how sad he was about the loss of his hat! *smirk*

This is the type of sand/rocks on the beach.

The tunnel that took us over to the beach side

We then headed back to go into San Francisco. Lets just say most if not all of our pictures were taken from the car. You couldn't find a parking spot for your life! So we took pictures from the car. We walked the fisherman's wharf, ate at Boudins, very yummy. Walked down to Pier 39 to see the sea lions, then walked all the way to the "trolleys" or cable cars. We opted not to ride on them because of the price and the fact that it would have taken more then two hours to go round trip. We chose to go back to the car and drive nob hill ourselves. We had fun. We even got to go down Russian hill! That was fun. We had to wait awhile to go down it, but it was fun! Did I mention it was fun?? :)
Nob Hill
Russian Hill
One of my favorite pictures. Its a car dealership. Not sure about the "OK" sign. But it turned out cool. Taken from the car, driving.
From the car, again!

The gay district. It was a neat picture of the cable car along with all the wires.


The Sea lions at Pier 39
The human "sea lions" at Pier 39. (funny how we sit and stare at the sea critters... humm we kinda look like them...all gathered together seeking out a spot....)
Then went into the city and drove around. Then we took the Bay bridge to Oakland city. While we were on it there was a crazy guy who thought it would be cool going at about 50 mph to get out of the passengers side window climb up onto the roof, and then down into the sunroof. He then opened his door and put his feet onto the pavement. Later he was hanging halfway out the window! All I remember when I saw him going over the roof I yelled out "I'M NOT OK WITH THIS!" That was because if he fell, we would have hit him first...EWW... not good. But it didn't happen. Thaaaaaank Youuuuu!
You really cant see the pigeon, but hes hard at work...(sign says"caution workers above")
We had dinner at P.F. Chang 's China Bistro. That was some good eats there! Doug and I were in heaven! We then headed back to our hotel. We made it off the exit that we missed the first night.
The next morning we had our yummy breakfast and headed out. We went to another beach (yes I know, we are in San Francisco, why are you going to beaches? Simple. We love them!) We got to drive through some amazing mountain areas and we came across a cute farmers market type area. Lots of fresh garden foods, and a lot of fresh cut flowers as well. Heck you could get a dozen roses for 5 bucks! There was also a very cute tree farm, that when Christmas time came around they had many festivities. It just was peaceful.
Doug thinking he needed a picture of me. ( I believe I could be a beach bum)

So in love with each other and the beach!
From there we had to head back to the airport to catch our flight home. I just cant get into the whole be there 2 hours early. It makes for a LONG wait to get on your plane. Thankfully Doug had his IPod so we watched a movie. The flight home was good. We got home back to the heat. I had to ask Doug to remind me why we live here again. *grin*
So all in all our trip was great. It was nice to spend time with my love and see a new place. It makes you open your heart and mind to the world around. Sometimes you forget just how small we are in this town!
3 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun. You live here so that you can have awesome neighbors like us! LOL!! :)
aww..how fun to go somewhere just the two of you! I've never been to San Fran...looks like fun!
How exciting for you guys! We are heading to San Fran next weekend so I will have to call you and get more info from you! I'm glad you guys got away! (and I'll make sure to pack a jacket)
Post a Comment